Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I Can't Believe...

It's been a whole week since my last post. Yep, Cassi's finally done school. I spent the day Friday driving back and forth to school. First, I brought the popsicles from my chest freezer for the 1st through 3rd grades. The school's field day was Friday. As a gift from the PTO, we bought popsicles. They've been in my freezer getting hard because I had over 400 of them. The little ones had their field day first. They were so grateful to get the frozen goodies right after they came into school. Then, I spent an hour confirming $1400 in money for deposit into the PTO account. Went home and came back at 2 for the 4th through 6th grades' popsicles. They enjoyed them too. Even the teachers enjoyed them. The weather started to get nasty though because a bad rain storm came through.

But Cassi is done. She went to Pa and Nana's for the weekend because Rob worked. This really helped because they were short-staffed and Saturday night/Sunday morning, he ended up being by himself with 50 patients. So, Sunday morning, I got up to get him breakfast because we hadn't had time to make din-din the night before. He was ready for bed immediately. I ended up going back to bed with him and slept until noon.

Just a tid-bit why our family rocks, etc. Sunday morning, after getting up, I spent some time texting Marie. Because she wants to help keep Cassi good for the summer, she decided to still offer her "if you're good" money. However, instead of getting it each month, she's sending it in one check and a little extra for mom and dad (that's us). She's paying for us to get summer passes to our recreation pools. So everyone knows, MARIE ROCKS!

Monday, I spent the day with at court with my friend Dan. He was going through his final 2 days of his divorce. It has taken 3 years to get to this point. It was so bad Monday. We all thought he was going to lose his house and all his stuff. She was so nasty that she wanted Alexis' bedroom set. (background: Alexis is Cassi's friend. Alexis is Dan's daughter from his first relationship with his best friend, Christina. They are still friends today.) That night, we (Rob and I) took the girls to dinner. Alexis just kept demanding that Colleen couldn't have her bedroom set. Rob and I explained to Alexis the difference between the "stuff" and what dad was doing to keep her and her sister together and to be able to keep their house. And, if that meant Colleen got to keep the bedroom set, dad would definitely get her a new one. It's more important to have dad's love than "stuff." After the way we explained that to her, she understood.

But, I had the girls on Tuesday. Dan was free! He has to give her certain things on the list (of 3 pages) that she demanded. The judge finally saw through her crap, especially when she demanded things like tampons and windex. She has to come Saturday between 12-6. Dan can't be there, but Rob said he would. This is his weekend off. He can't wait to be the "neutral" party to do this. Today, Dan was working to start taking all the stuff that she gets and put it all in his garage. He did have to go out and get a new fridge and stove. But, the new stuff is better than the old stuff. I agree!

Last night, Cassi had the opportunity to stay at Dan's overnight. Today, she stayed there while I went down to school. I got to meet with my English advisor and my transfer advisor. Dr. Larson explained to me about the graduation process and what will happen when my graduation petition gets to him. Because he has approved one of my lower level classes as transfer, I didn't have to take it. However, he has to sign off approval that I've got all my requirements to get my degree. Then, I went over and met with my transfer advisor. He started to tell me I still had 7 classes because I have to take 2 African American/Diversity classes. I told him, uhuh. I had my degree audit in hand. Because I have over 60 credits transferred in (I have an AA degree), I only had to take 1 class. He looked and agreed. Also, there's another gen ed requirement for writing that's 3 classes, but because of my transfer, I only need 2. But, I will have 4-5 when I'm done because of my English degree. But, next year, I ABSOLUTELY have to take full-time classes. That's 3 classes in the fall and 3 in the spring. The positive is that I have an opportunity to write a proposal to take an internship in the spring for 4 credits, if approved. I have the opportunity to work with Professor Nuala. That would help because I have 3 (yes three) English classes to take in the Spring. This next school year, I'm going to be trashed! Plus, President of PTO.

So, I've got my graduation application in hand. All I need is the $25 fee to turn it in. MARIE ROCKS AGAIN! She's coming before July 4 and is bringing it with her. I love my sister.

Tomorrow, I'll be back at Dan's. Because this is his day off, he does side yard work for extra money. He's got both of his girls tomorrow. With all the crap from this week and the divorce, he needs to do the side job tomorrow. So, since he kept Cassi for me today, I told him I would come over and watch the girls. I'm thinking we're going to go to Eat N Park for lunch. The girls will be $.99 each to eat.

But, with all that, I've got to go. I need to go grab food for dinner for tomorrow night. Rob's working tonight and tomorrow night. I need to cook dindin because I wasn't able to this evening. I need to shave my legs after and before I go to bed.

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Ralph said...

Sounds like you went through a lot of popsicles!
Also sounds like Dan had a pretty rough week. Keeping busy will help.
Ralph

Unknown said...

It certainly has been a busy week!! I hope you all have fun at the pool!

Cupcake Blonde said...

I have to concur: Marie does in fact rock the house hard!

Sounds like you had a busy but eventful week. I guess with school out you will be more busy for a while.