Sunday, December 09, 2007

Spring Semester Will Be CRAZY!!!!!

Ok. This spring semester, I won't know if I'm coming or going until May 10 when I walk down the asile for commencement.

Not only will I be in school this spring, but Rob will also be starting school. He's starting back to school, to complete his RN license. He will be taking 2 classes, English Comp 2 (yep, I'll be helpin him on this one) and Introduction to Sociology (I'll probably be helping him on this one too).

The positive on this comes in the form of financial aid. When Rob filled out his fafsa, it said his expected contribution per year is 1895 because there will be 2 adults in school this year (yes, this year goes through summer semester). I turned around and updated my fafsa for 2 adults. After reviewing the updates, from my original submission yielded 31## for the family contribution, my contribution went down to 1892. Hmmmm? Could this mean more for the grants? Possibly. I figured with 2 adults in school the financial aid will go up. Also, because he'll be in school, his student loan that he has from the LPN schooling will be deferred until he his finished. And, he shouldn't be finished school until Summer 2009. But, he knows that he still has to be working. There's ABSOLUTELY no way he can take any time off.

Down the road, he'll become an RN and get a promotion at work. Whooo! Hooooo!

This week is pretty calm. Rob and I have eye doctor appointments tomorrow. Oooh! Don't forget to get all my glasses out for the appt. Cassi has an appointment on Tuesday. We've decided to get her just one pair this year and see how it goes. We can always get a second pair if needed.

I have my Grammar final on Wednesday. This past Friday, he gave us a take-home extra credit portion. However, unlike just giving points on the test, this extra credit is for extra points on the FINAL GRADE! How about that? I could actually average above a 100% for my final grade. It's done today. We had 12 sentences to diagram. They have to be done completely correct or no partial points. OK. I think I did them correctly.

My Grant class is completely done. I received a 98% on the class. This means that I aced the class.

My Composition Theory class? I've got a take-home test due on Thursday. Am I done yet? Heck no! Too many other good things going on for that yet. I'll do it Tuesday morning while Rob is sanding on the dining room table (refinishing the table that came with the house).

The good things, Marie came and visited. I just LOVE when she comes. Cassi is also so VERY excited. They had a good weekend together, skating, girl stuff, etc. Marie helped us out by grocery shopping for us. She was going to buy some clothes for me for my internship. I figured I could wait to get them until next month before I start the semester. We needed groceries first. So, my present was actually turned into a family gift.


MARIE ROCKS!

Cassi is ready for bed. We're going to try something new. Come 8pm every night, it doesn't matter what she is doing, everything gets turned off, tv, computer, ps2. She has to be showered and dressed for bed. Then, she can watch tv until 9 when the tv goes off. She enjoyed showering by herself tonight. She washed her body and hair, but needed help rinsing everything out of her hair. So, I think she did pretty well.

I worked on Rob's phone data. Since we both have the same phones, we're going to have the same data on both phones. Like yesterday, Rob didn't have his phone, but I did. If I'd had his data, he would have been able to use my phone to make a call. He ended up not being able to make a call until we got home. Oh, well! But, come tomorrow, we'll have the same information.

Now, I'm just be-bopping around the net. I've got one more load of laundry to wash. Tomorrow I'll fold everything that came upstairs. Before bed, I'll put on hangars what needs to go there.

OK. That's it for now. I want to be in bed by 10pm myself and up by 7am. Trying to setup an earlier schedule so I'm ready for spring semester (yes, I know that is over a month away).

Lots of love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. If you got a Christmas card from us and expected a photo, I apologize. I was printing pics and doing cards at the same time. I forgot about the pics and started closing cards. So, I'll be sending them separately in another envelope.

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I agree, Marie certainly does rock! :)

You guys are going to be so busy next year. Wherever will you find the time?

Cathy said...

At 2am on Tuesday nights. But, at least you can say we're not boring anymore (except Cassi). She says we don't do anything fun. The positive is that she will get ALOT of "Pa Time."