Monday, August 20, 2007

The Other Woman

To continue from the above post:

My personal experience recently has been #1 as a yes and #3. I know he talks to her, even though he doesn't work directly with her anymore. But, he tries to tell me no that he hasn't been talking with her, but the text messaging logs just don't lie. He doesn't want to tell me because I know how she feels about him.

This whole problem started when Rob started working at the Cleveland Clinic the first time in April 2006. The first thing I found out about was the last night he worked with this woman, Judy, her and her daughter decided to saran wrap my station wagon. When I'm in school, Rob has the mommy car.

At the time, I thought it was cute, kinda funny. (not now, more to come)

All through the time he was working at the clinic the first time (back there again since the beginning of the month), she would call his cell and call here at the house. She has a foul mouth and leave the messages on the phone. I would let Rob know and that would be it.

The problems started after we got the current phones we've got now. We have Verizon Wireless as our service provider and have been with this about 10 years, when it was Airtough (yep, that long). This past holiday season, we upgraded our phones. Marie got the phone first. But, I always liked seeing her phone. It is the LG theV. It has a REAL keyboard right on the phone. Yes, the phone is a little heavier than most, but I can quickly send text messages, etc. Even though Rob got his phone first, he switched numbers with me so I could have the phone first. The whole reason we got the phone was so I could text Marie. It made it easier. Also, I am able to text Vegas Princess, my sister by proxy. But I digress.

In February-ish, Rob and I tried to get a friendship relationship going with Judy and husband, Al. They came to our house for dinner. Rob also helped them with suggestions for their taxes. Then, we went to their house for dinner. At that dinner, because Rob and Judy smoke, they went to Judy's basement to smoke away from me because I don't smoke. Al decided to kick the idea in my mind about them being an item.

I knew nothing was going on then. But, for the next 2 months, all Rob did was send her text messages. We would be sitting watching a movie because he was off of work, messages would be flying. I called him on it. I couldn't believe how rude he was being. Here we were having some private time together, just the 3 (THREE) of us. So, my mind went back to that dinner at their house. It was so bad for me for almost a month. He actually asked me twice during this time if I wanted a divorce.

This was supposed to be my best month ever. In March, we were married 10 years. He thought I was just being jealous. I know I'm being jealous. This is my husband. AND, to top it off, I know she's in love with him. He's just been too stupid to see it. It's that "I know something" feeling inside that just won't go away.

He just kept telling me that nothing was going on. In April, things calmed down. Kinda. He started working with her again because of issues with the floor he was working on at the clinic. To appease me, he went to work on another of the floors that she didn't work on. But, that didn't matter, she was still working in the same facility as he.

Now, am I freaking out about this whole thing or what? For the past few months, I've been reviewing the text messaging logs from Verizon. You can see them a few days after the bill is ready for the next month. What he's been doing is deleting his messages, not allowing me to know what they are talking about.

I am so glad they don't work together any more. He's back at the clinic, but he still has the capability to text message. He has started to listen to me more lately, but it didn't help when it was supposed to be OUR time.

That time will never return!

I know he loves me and tells me so as often as he can. I am just insecure about this woman and he knows it.

We had this incident about this time a month ago. Not going to go into it. Too personal. At the same time, we were helping our friend, Dan get his bathroom completely renovated. She kept texting him. I was so mad because I did get the messages. He left his phone where I could get it. Messages like, "I'm worried about you." "Why haven't you responded?" "I hope you're drinking." "Call me if you ever need me."

You know, first off, he's not your husband. He's mine. Second, it's none of your business how he's doing. That's MY JOB!

Just because your husband cheated on you (yep, found out in April-May-ish), don't try to take mine! You'll NEVER get him.

See how my summer has been? This and my slut for a step-daughter to deal with.

Love to all,
Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Lynda said...

That really sucks. Did you show Rob the article? It sounds like you two need to talk.

I would be concerned about the "Call me if you ever need me." It is kind of weird. I would say to go with your instincts, though. From what you have typed, it doesn't sound that innocent.

Unknown said...

Yep she wants him! Because her husband knows Rob she probably thinks that would be a huge payback to her own husband cheating on her. But I would definetly go with your instincts, they usually aren't wrong!

Cupcake Blonde said...

I agree with Lynda and Marie, trust your instincts. If they tell you something is up and wrong then you are probably right. I had a guy friend my hubby didn't like and I stopped seeing him because he made Brian feel uncomfortable and never took to my husband and wouldn't accept that I was married always wanting me to himself. Explain to Rob how this makes you feel and hopefully he will end it comepletely. Because an unhealthy relationship for you is unhealthy for both of you.

I would have texted back, stop texting my husband BITCH!!