Monday, August 20, 2007

The Other Man (from above)...

Just to be frank, I've also got male friends.

There is one guy, we dated shortly before I met Rob. His name is Rick. We've seen each other off and on over the past 10 years, while being married to Rob. I consider him to be my only male friend. I ran into him at the flea market about 2 months ago, when I started my stand there. He was so excited to see me. He's said how I am the only friend out of all his friends he's really got left.

That's usually what happens when people get older. They settle down into closer relationships with fewer people. Besides, I don't think some of his friends were really "there" for him. But, Rob got to see him too. Rob reminded me to give him my business card. It's got my address and phone number on it.

I told him to call me. He actually invited me to his parents' 50th wedding anniversary. His mom was always a "so and so," but always treated me with respect because I enjoyed spending time with her, chatting.

He told me mom was asking about me. He said they talk about me a lot. After having Cassi, I have sent him pictures of her growing up (as I do to all my friends who were around when she was born). He told me he's kept all the letter and pictures I've sent him.

But, as I told him to call me. I've even invited him over for dinner with Rob and I because I would like him to see the house and stuff.

He hasn't called me. My instincts say it's because he was raised to be a gentleman and not to intrude in my personal space. My guess is that he doesn't want Rob to get jealous of my having a male friend.

In the end, I wasn't able to go because he didn't call me to tell me when the party was.

A little sad, but understandable.

Unlike Rob's friend, my friends respect my personal space and family.

Ok. That's it for now on this subject. Remember, this is just between us.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

No comments: