Saturday, March 04, 2006

Slacked off on my writing!

Okay, sorry to y'all about my not writing in ALMOST 2 WEEKS! It has been VERY stressful and hectic here at the homestead. The main problem was the dogs. You see, since we had gotten the dogs, I was unable to go anywhere. My girlfriend, Jacci, well, she lives in Euclid. I haven't seen her in ages. A trip to her house is one hour, one way. Rob and I also have campground friends, who live in Wooster. A trip to their house is an hour and a half, one way. Needless to say, all I have done for the past 2 months was: 1. be mom to the puppies, 2. be mom to Cassi, 3. go to school. I have had NO social life. The most Rob and I had the chance to get out was going to the Home & Garden Show, which we were out for four hours. Let's just say the puppies needed to pee a river when we got home!

I kept saying to Rob that it was very difficult for me to be able to do all the things I needed to do to get my grades and not have so much stress. Plus, on top of it all, my sleep was starting to get affected from all the stress. So, he kept saying to me, "If you don't want the dogs anymore, call Dave & Pat and give them back." I wanted him to confess that it had been a bad idea to get the puppies, which he finally did last week. Pat & Dave Manning were the couple who play Santa & Mrs. Claus for the kids at the Kindergarten Village where Cassi is going this year. Because of them loosing the mom of the puppies from the fire, along with four of the six puppies (we got the only two survivors), I contacted them about the stress we have been dealing with.

So, last Wednesday, we took the puppies back. Last Monday, I talked with Cassi, explaining to her we needed to give the puppies back. She started to cry. Since they came into our lives, she has been pushed into her bedroom. She has kept trying to bring her toys out, play dress-up in the living room, etc. But, because the puppies lived in the living room, NOTHING of hers could come out there. They were chewing up everything in sight. But, I explained, that once the puppies go to their old home, we would be able to see our friends, "Nana Betty" (from campground), Aunt Jacci (in Euclid), and Aunt Patty (in Brunswick). She said, Okay, let's take them back. After taking them on Wednesday, we continued our trip to Wooster to see Nana Betty. Cassi just loves visiting with Bob & Betty.

So, it has been VERY quiet since they've been gone. We just have Charlie, our cat, who adopted us at Christmas 2004.

Today, after taking Cassi to Pa's for an overnight sleepover, Rob took his afternoon nap for work, and I took a nap in the living room. The nap was three hours. I could imagine what Charlie was saying when she laid down on my chest to help me to sleep. "Oh, the dogs are gone. Mom is sitting in the recliner with her blanket and pillow for a nap. I get to FINALLY take a nap with her on her boobs!" So, she slept with the entire time I was sleeping. We used to do this constantly before the puppies. I know she's happy.

So, I'll be able to continue my writing here more regularly!

Love to all,
Cathy 8^ )

No comments: