Monday, March 20, 2006

New Template

Okay, friends! I've changed my template. I didn't like the "all pink" hues of my blog before today! So, I changed it. I'm much more the blues and greys kind of girl. I'm much more subdued, like this template I found.

Last week was Spring Break for me. Cassi still had school. I was STILL married. So, last week was about trying to catch up on laundry, dishes, etc. Stuff that I have to do EVERYDAY anyway. Let's just say, I really did housework last week.

Plus, even though I had a WHOLE WEEK to do homework, did I? You got it! Nope! I didn't start homework until Friday. Plus, Rob was off a few days while I was, so I wanted to spend time with him.

For those of you who don't remember, we had our 9th anniversary on 3/14. I made dinner, but can't remember what?

I'm working right now on brain burnout. We got back a news story that we wrote before break. A man came in to visit us and answer our questions. He was retired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer. My story was picked to be published this week.

There is a lab newspaper that is published weekly for Journalism students at Cleveland State University. Our instructor is the faculty advisor for this newspaper. Of course, he was us in the Media Writing class to have one story published. I had to come home today with some minor changes for the paper. I've been going non-stop since I walked in the door.

I, picked up Cassi from school at 3:15, came home and cooked dinner (home-made burgers and onion rings), remanipulated my story and emailed it back to my instructor, and then have been getting everything ready for tomorrow.

On Tuesday, I have to head to Mayfield, which is east of downtown Cleveland, to meet with our speaker and take a few pictures for the story that will be running this week. Then, I am going to school on my day off to meet with someone in carrer services, talk with someone in the library, and finish my story for this week's publication.

So, for a day off of school, I've got lots to do! And that's not all my housecleaning that I usually do on Tuesday's.

Plus, Wednesday, we head to Euclid City Hall for a press conference with the Mayor. Euclid is also a suburb east of downtown Cleveland. This is a news story of Journalism. I've got a meeting with the department chair of the History Department on Thursday for a story for my beat in Journalism.

Then, I've got my second English paper due in first draft next Monday. This is where the library comes into play. I haven't had to do citing of sources in an English paper in 13 years. I have to now. The professor called it MA citing, which I know nothing about. It's probably something I did over a decade ago, but it was called something else then.

Okay. My brain is FRIED. I need to close this for now.

Love to all,
Cathy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes!! Sounds like you are a little busy!! Keep up the good work!! I'm really proud of you!