Saturday, March 04, 2006

Current classes... Updates!

Okay, last week, in Journalism, we had a guest speaker. He does a special section of the Sunday Plain Dealer. He came into class, talked to us about what he does, how he got there, etc. We also had to come to class with questions ready to ask him, much like a news conference.

I came to class with a tape recorder. Boy, was that ever HELPFUL. I was able to record the entire class, which helped me to re-listen to the discussion to include exact quotations in my news story. I received a 5 out of 5 for the news story! It appears I may get an A in the class, which is my goal!

My math class is something else. We had our first exam. My score was 51 percent. Okay, that was pretty bad. But, the highest score was a 79, and my grade was the sixth highest. The average grade was a 17! He wouldn't give letters grades for the percentages, but it appears that for his grading system, I'm about a B. Even if I get a C, that would be fine for my GPA.

My English class has become a hoot! I am always saying that I don't like analyzing poetry. But, according to grades we have gotten back, it appears that I'm better at it than I thought. We have in-class writing assignments. She has given us back two of the assignments thus far. Both of these assignments would make a grade between an A and a B.

I would LOVE to get a 3.0 GPA for my first semester. Once my grades are in, I'll start applying for scholarships. I think with a good GPA like a 3.0, I'll be able to get a few, even if they help pay for part of my schooling.

Love to all,
Cathy 8^ )

No comments: