Saturday, March 04, 2006

How Rob and I got married...

Okay, I'm going to spend some time over the next week talking about my "list of topics" from earlier.

As for a little history, I had met this guy, Jason Birzer, in Washington, D.C. We met in passing on the subway system. At this time, I'm not going to get into detail about Jason, just that we dated for four years. At the end, he complained to me that I wasn't trying hard enough to be with him in the Washington area. I had indeed tried very hard to get a job in that market. But, I had a lot of bills at that time. For me to move to that area, I would have needed to buy a car and insurance, along with rent an appartment, which would have costed me over $800 a month. At the time, I was living in an apartment for $200 a month and didn't need a car or car insurance. The only position I was able to find was comparable in salary to the one I had. Now, I was being very logical about the whole issue. Why should I move to another part of the country, paying more than I needed, for the same pay? Plus, Jason was planning on moving in with me. So, what was the point? I dropped him like a dead weight.

After that, work started to go well and I was working a lot of extra hours at the office. One particular Saturday, I was working and the computer decided it didn't. So, instead of working, I be-bopped around the internet and found Match.com. Don't ask me how I got there, I just did. I applied and looked around. That was in November of 1996. By February, I had received an email from Rob (of course I don't know him yet), stating that he didn't live around the world, etc and wanted to meet. I figured why not?

It was a week after Valentine's Day when we met through the internet....

Okay. That's it for tonight. More to follow tomorrow.

Love to all,
Cathy 8^ )

No comments: