Monday, February 13, 2006

My Grandma Muriel...

Okay, I've been having a number of dreams over the past few years about my Grandma Muriel. She is my dad's mom. She died in 1989, and died while being in a diabetic coma. Even though she took insulin shots everyday, she also ate what she wanted. I remember her always having ice cream sundae cups in the fridge. Marie ate the fudge ones and I ate the strawberry ones. But, she also had lots of fruits when we came to visit. Marie loved to eat the cherries and I loved the grapes. Hmmm, I wonder why Marie loves grapes now? Okay, I digress!

Last week, I had a dream about her house after her death. I was there at her house, but was seeing things very strangely. In her kitchen, she had a U-shaped kitchen area, where were were a ton of cabinets, with one set coming out of the wall like an island. Well, they were gone. When Marie and I were growing up, we usually sat there to eat on small bar chairs that appeared to be made for that island. Plus, they whole room reminded me of the 1950s or 60s. Also there was a chest freezer in the kitchen, which I said, "I'm glad the freezer is up here now, instead of in the basement." But, I don't EVER remember there being a freezer in the house. AND, on the wall, there appeared to be a copper baking set, with a bowl, cookie cutters, etc. I was adamant that they were to come to me. All of a sudden, there is someone else in the house, and a some-sort of diplomat who was having us auction the house. The person who placed the highest bid on the rental price of the house would own it. What the dream was saying was, you can buy the house, but only to rent it out and the person with the highest rental price would win.

VERY strange indeed! It seems that I have unfinished business in MA where my Grandma lived, but won't know unless I go there for a visit. This is what my dream seems to be telling me. But, when will I get the chance to visit there? Don't know. Dad took us a few times after Grandma died to see his cousins and his Grandpa (known as Gramps). He passed away a year after my Grandma. Since then, we have not been there to visit. Dad absolutely refuses to go there at all. After my Grandma died, everything was supposed to be in her will to go to my Dad, which didn't happen. She never changed her will and everything went to her ex-husband (another story in itself).

It also seems when I have these dreams, there is a jukebox in the dream. I remember, in her basement, there was a jukebox, which I thought was a Wurlitzer, but I'm not sure because I only saw it a few times. There was also a player-piano that my Dad used when he was growing up to learn to play the piano. Now, in our new house, it appears that we have the same piano that he had when growing up. We moved in to this house in July and was blessed to have adopted a dining room table and a piano. It took until Christmas for him to realize that the piano we have is the same type of piano he grew up with. Rob and I would like to eventually restore the piano and bring it into the house. I know it will be expensive, but it appears to be rather old.

So, the bottom line is, something (or someone) is subconsciously telling me that I need to make a trip to MA. Haverhill to be exact! So, any suggestions about when and where to go would be great. I know I would take Cassi.

Okay, gotta go for now.

Love to all,
Cathy 8^ )

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

You should try to go between May and the end of June. After that it is really humid and hot. And since Haverhill is up near New Hampshire you could stay near Hampton Beach in NH. Or in Gloucester-by-the-sea, very quaint. Or inland more...my friends live near Lawrence and Chelmsford which are nice areas.

Unknown said...

I would like to set the record straight! I have always liked grapes! But Grandma Muriel would only buy purple grapes and I only eat green grapes!