Thursday, May 22, 2008

Updates on Jobs...

Well, much to my sadness...


I didn't get the job at Oberlin College. They gave the opportunity to an internal candidate.

Can you believe it? Now, how many times do you know when an external candidate beats an internal candidate? Ummm, NEVER!

That was crazy to waste the candidates time when the real person being chosen was internal.

I'm waiting on updates from recruiters regarding some jobs I've applied for. I was just SO SURE I would be working by now. Am I scaring people away from being more interested in me because I'm so knowledgeable about stuff and now have the education to back-up what I've done before?

This is CRAZY! There, I'll say it again. I can't believe it.

OK. That's it for tonight. Gotta get to bed. I'm working at Cassi's book fair again tomorrow. There's some kids books that sound too funny, but don't really have the extra money to buy them now. They are books that not only Cassi would enjoy, but I would enjoy them too. There are two books that remind me of the way VP writes (even though these books are geared toward younger readers).

Lots of love, (and pray for me)
Cathy
8^ )

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Sadly, most of the time when a job goes to a internal candidate, they only interview externals as a formality. I think there is some law where a job has to be open to everyone.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, cause I know it still sucks. Chalk it up to interview practice. :)

Unknown said...

Keep your chin up, you only graduated a few weeks ago. It took me over 2 months after I graduated before I even got a job. It will happen, you just shouldn't expect it to happen overnight.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I was going to say what Lynda said, that it is against the law to just give a job to someone inside the company. Legally they have to post it an allow outside candidates to apply even if they have no intention of ever hiring outside of the company. It is a sucky level of job-hunting many people fall victim to.

But hang in there and keep sending out those resumes. The right job is out there for you. You just have to keep a positive attitude and keep looking and applying.