Saturday, May 24, 2008

Obsessed with the Job Search...

Yep. I'm OBSESSED!

Yesterday ended up being a good day. For the afternoon moms helping at the book fair, I happened to meet the HR Director for a local manufacturing company. She asked me to mail her my resume which I did. I told her how I had just graduated with my BA and Professional Writing Certificate and was looking for Technical Writing jobs for which they do hire. But, I also told her I had many years experience in Administrative roles. She said she knew of some part-time stuff coming up and would forward my resume to her recruiters.

Last night, I looked at the Web site and found a full-time Administrative Assistant position in the Supply Chain department. She replied to my email and told me that she forwarded my resume to her recruiters. I replied to her about the opening I found. Even if I was making $30K to start, the job is 5-10 minutes away. And, as she said, this would be my "foot in the door" when a Technical Writing or other writing-type job comes open.

So, we'll see what happens this week.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

P.S. Was alone last night. Cassi spent the night at her friend's house. I took them roller skating today. She rented in-line skates because her regular skates are now too small. She was even skating backwards. She likes ice skating and said the in-line skates are just like the ice versions.

2 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

This is wonderful! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Unknown said...

That would be AWESOME to get a job there with it being so close!! And trust me, $30k can go a long way!! Good Luck!!