Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Things I did today...

Gotta get this list out. I can't BELIEVE how much I actually did today. Here we go:
  1. folded 2 loads of laundry (washed them yesterday)
  2. cleaned bathroom (toilet, sink, floor, and tub)
  3. took shower curtain to washer and washed it, then put it back
  4. took floor mat for bathroom down and washed (still sitting on washer air drying)
  5. dust mopped and vacuumed kitchen
  6. washed a load of dishes (emptied and filled dishwasher)
  7. went to Save-A-Lot (low-priced grocery store) for a few things, mainly normal sized corn dogs)
  8. cooked lunch of hot dogs on grill (ok Rob did that) along with making a pasta salad on stove and heated chili to go with dogs (I did that part)
  9. emptied dishwasher and refilled it this evening and ran it again this evening
  10. took out garbage
  11. watched girls (Cassi & Alexis) while Dan & Rob went scrapping
  12. made 5 packs of smokes for Rob (While I don't condone his smoking, I can't just up and tell him to quit. Plus, while I still don't condone it, I also am not thrilled to spend $35 a carton on cheap cigarettes. I would rather sit and make them for him at $20 for 2 cartons.)
  13. got accepted to do editing for a Russian-based dating site; will get first project tonight or tomorrow morning
  14. waiting on first transaction to process for LA-based global import/export biz; looking to make cash from them too (been in biz for 12 years and services 400K of customers)
  15. made a batch of granola for me (refer to earlier post)
  16. made din din for girls
  17. made a double-batch of zucchini casserole for my din din (Rob will eat leftovers when he comes home)
  18. in process of having dehydrated banana chips done (had 5 bananas over ripe that needed to have something done to them)
  19. got girls to sleep; instead of them going to dad's for sleepover, they're here and asleep on the couches
Can you believe how much I DID today? And, to top it off, I didn't even need a nap. Although, once I go lay in the bed, it's all over for me.

I think #13 and #14 helped motivate me. 13 is a monthly payment job, but I can handle that. 14 is paid per transaction at 8% commission. They've really been moving on that site, especially when they service so many clients.

But, right now, I'm on a good streak (wanted to say steak, but wrong thought). The veggies are looking quite nice in the garden. We've got tomatoes starting to bud, along with zucchinis and green peppers. The watermelon is coming back. We thought it was dead, but all of a sudden it's coming back. We've also got red peppers, cucumbers, pickle cucumbers, a pumpkin, cantaloupe (good thing about spell check because I wouldn't have gotten that word right in a million years), green beans, and salsa peppers. The green bean pods didn't grow as well as we had hoped, but that's life. The cucumber plants are traveling, as well as the pumpkin. Will be nice to see a pumpkin or two come fall.

With that, gonna go for now. Need to stay awake just a little while longer. Looking at recipes now on food network. Just picked up one for home-made pancakes. Maybe I'll look at making it tomorrow.

Lots of love,
Cathy
8^ )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really excited you have been able to pick up some freelance work!! That is awesome!! Have a great 4th of July and I'll talk to you soon!

jellybean said...

you were a busy girl!
and it sounds like your garden has come back with great gusto!
congrats on that.
i love fresh garden veggies. the taste so much better than store bought when you bring them fresh from the plant to the table.
like sunshine and summer breezes.