Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My last day until SCHOOOOOOL! I am SO excited! This is my first time in 13 years that I've been in college. So, I am going to school at Cleveland State University. My degree intentions are a Bachelor of Arts in English plus a Professional Writing Certificate. I want to be able to get back into Technical Writing. In my past life, I did Technical Writing at Ernst & Young, but no education to back me up, just experience. Now, I am unable to get a job as a Technical Writer because of no education.

I know this is going to be a strain on our family for the next 2 years. However, I will be able to go back to work and have a meaning career. Rob will be able to stay at home with Cassi.

So, today, I went to downtown Cleveland. I needed to register my car/purchase a prepaid parking card. Can you believe it costs $141 for a prepaid card. I will be able to park at CSU anytime I want this semester for that price. Right now, my classes are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11am until 2:30pm. But, if I ever need to go on other days, it won't cost me. Then, I had to register for my student ID. I had one 13 years ago, but never attended because of money issues. (With just moving to Ohio 13 years ago, I was unable to get financial aid for school.) Then, I had to purchase my textbooks. I am taking 3 classes, Media Writing, Intro to Poetry, and Math. My books were a total of $289! Not bad for 3 classes. I had to take a math class even though I received my AA with classes I had from attending Drexel University.

I've got this HUGE Excel spreadsheet created to track what classes I need to take and their credits, along with tracking how many credits I will need to graduate. As it stands right now, I've got about 7 semesters to take classes. Over the summer, I will take 2 classes. During the Fall and Spring, I will take 3. Since I'm at upper-level classes, my classes are worth more credits, meaning I can take fewer and still be at full-time with 3 classes.

There are sooo many thoughts going through my brain right now, but even typing them here, blogging isn't enough. So, I will try. Gotta go. I've got a strawberry/apple bread in the oven ready to take out.

If anyone has any ideas for me to write on in this blog, I would love to hear your comments.

Love to all,

Cathy
8^ )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You sound so.... suburban!