Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My beliefs (do they matter?)

I have many beliefs, the same beliefs that are being taught to my daughter. I've never really "voiced" my opinions. Lately, I feel like my opinions don't matter. That I've had to compromise so much for others.

Here is what I believe:

I DON'T believe in teens having pre-marital sex.

I DON'T believe in teen pregnancy.

I DON'T believe in cell phones for anyone who's not an adult.

I DON'T believe in car drivers who don't have car insurance.

I DO believe in strong education and learning.

I DO believe in strong self-esteem that comes from strong education and learning.

I DO believe in teenagers learning a work ethic from getting their first jobs in high school.

I DO believe in parents directing their children (and teenagers) to be the best they can be.

I DO believe in children listening and following what adults say.

I DO believe in children respecting adults.


Right now, I think that's about it. But, these are my beliefs and what I will teach my daughter. I DO believe without learning the above, my daughter is helpless in the world.

Love,
Cathy

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Cathy
That is a pretty darn good set of believes.
Ralph

Cathy said...

Ralph,

Welcome to the blog. If you get a chance to read other posts on my blog, you'll understand why I say what I say. These comments are directed at someone else who has "broken" some of my beliefs. Sadly enough, this person didn't have the opportunity to learn from me.

Sad. I know. But, this is something I have to learn to deal with. BUT, my daughter will not lack in ANY of these areas.

Cathy